Systems Engineer, JMP
Company: SAS Institute
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: August 21, 2019
JMP, a division of SAS, is seeking a Pre-Sales Systems Engineer to
join our team. In this role, you will provide technical pre-sale
and post-sale support to JMP clients utilizing extensive knowledge
of industry and industry statistical processes.
This is currently an expression of interest posting, however should
you have the below experience, we will contact you to provide you
with more information about sales positions at JMP and introduce
you to our hiring team.
* Utilizing strategic selling techniques with an Account Executive
and an Inside Sales Representative to strategize on prospects and
develop strategic sales objectives for targeted accounts.
* Preparing custom presentations based on opportunity analysis.
* Providing timely follow up and communications to prospects and
* JMP deployment planning implementation in conjunction with
* Customer retention and post-sale strategies to ensure account
satisfaction and growth.
* Working effectively as part of a team for complex sales involving
multiple skill sets.
* Customizing, presenting, and evaluating sales seminars.
* Providing support at vendor-sponsored events, trade shows, and
user group meetings.
* Assisting with training of staff.
* Performing other duties as assigned.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
* Excellent customer facing skills including experience with
customer needs analysis and presentations.
* Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
* Ability to relate technical and statistical concepts to industry
* Ability to work and learn independently and as part of a
* Previous experience with analytical software sales and territory
start-up in a technical role.
Essential Experience Required:
* Master's degree in Statistics, Computer Science or other
* Significant experience in technical pre-sales, technical
marketing, technical support, or a related area.
* 1 or more year(s) of experience using applied statistics in an
* Up to 50% travel within assigned territory.
Experience in a quantitative field applying analytics or statistics
using JMP or SAS in one of our industry domains.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core
values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values
that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total
candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills,
problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators.
Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the
United States, and should not require, now or in the future,
sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability
status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic
protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the
Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be
considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this
position will be determined based on the applicant's education,
skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they
are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may
require access to technology or software subject to export or
import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may
obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for
employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law
compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in
the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs* Follow
us on LinkedIn
Keywords: SAS Institute, Layton , Systems Engineer, JMP, Other , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!