Company: Star Valley Health
Posted on: November 16, 2023
Department: Imaging CenterSupervisor Title: Clinic
ManagerLocation: Evanston, WYEmployment Status:
Full-TimeCompensation: Minimum $33.97, commensurate with
experience.Benefits: We offer a competitive compensation package
- Health, dental, & vision insurance, health savings account
- Approximately 4 weeks of PTO
- Short term sick time,
- Basic life insurance coverage
- Disability insurance
- Matching retirement plan
- Part-time employees who work 24 hours/week, are also eligible
for PTO, health, dental, & vision insurance, health savings
account, and matching retirement plan.SummaryWhile upholding the
Star Valley Health mission, vision, and values, this key position
is responsible for performing a wide variety of imaging procedures
and producing diagnostic quality images at a technical level not
requiring constant supervision. Ultrasound Techs perform technical
tasks that require independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative.
This position will comply with all Federal, state, and local
regulations. This is an at-will position.Job Duties
- Performs a variety of specialized technical tasks in Diagnostic
Ultrasound utilizing high frequency sound waves to assist
physicians in detecting anatomical variations and
- Performs a variety of complex tasks in accordance with
- Assists physician with biopsy procedures.
- Assists in the performance of invasive ultrasound
- Performs Doppler Vascular examinations, deep abdominal studies
and color-flow ultrasound as required.
- Perform procedures using the highest standards of care; set up
medical supplies, instruments and equipment.
- Prepare patients for imaging; explain procedures, allay fears
and elicit cooperation of patients.
- Assist radiologists during ultrasound guided procedures to
include handling instruments, operating and monitoring equipment;
alerting physician to patient's discomfort or changes in
- Continuously evaluate the technical quality of images; process
images in accordance with accepted procedures or techniques.
- Maintain records as required; calculate, compile and record
data as necessary.
- Calibrate, clean and perform routine maintenance on equipment
to ensure proper functioning; clean and sterilize instruments,
supplies and equipment.
- Stock and replenish supplies as required.
- Provide technical assistance and instruction to students, new
employees, staff and physicians.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described
herein. RequirementsAbilities & Skills:
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment; communicate
effectively; demonstrate sensitivity to clients, visitors and
- Comply with HIPAA and other federal, state and local
regulations as well, as maintain highest degree of confidentiality
in client and staff matters.
- Excellent organization and prioritization aptitude.
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Professional oral and written communication.
- May experience traumatic situations including psychiatric,
dismembered and deceased patients.Experience & Education:
- Work requires successful completion of an approved two-year
program in ultrasound technology. Must be registered or
registry-eligible by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical
- Must have current BLS card within 3 months of initial
employment and maintain current status throughout employment.
- Certification in additional modalities (vascular, cardiac echo)
preferred.Note: Position descriptions are intended to serve as a
guideline for typical duties and requirements of a position, but
are not inclusive. Additional or different responsibilities within
a reasonable scope of the position description may be added or
deleted any anytime at the discretion of the
Keywords: Star Valley Health, Layton , Ultrasound Technologist, Other , Evanston, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!