Posted on: January 27, 2023
Compensation$17.00 HourlyJob DescriptionCompensation: $17.00 per
hour, with the opportunity to make $19.50 per hour by the end of
your first year. To apply, simply TEXT USIC to 90206 to connect
with our hiring team today. Are you looking to jump start your
career? Would you like to work for the fastest growing and most
trusted name in underground utility damage prevention? If you are a
quality-conscious, safety-oriented, hard-working individual who
enjoys working outdoors, then consider a rewarding long-term career
at USIC!The USIC name and brand are highly recognized and respected
for our strong commitment to quality and safety. We are looking for
individuals to join the USIC family who consider themselves problem
solvers, are confident in their abilities, take pride in public
safety, and thrive in a fast-paced, exciting work environment. Our
communities are your communities.Set your sights on the future! If
youre looking for growth, weve got you covered. We provide a
quality training program, where your valued experience grows every
day, along with your opportunities for advancement.Our technicians
spend their workdays on the go, independently working in the field
using their company-provided vehicle. You will utilize our
state-of-the-art ticket and claims management systems to ensure
clear and complete mark-out services for the excavator or property
owner at the work site. This advanced technology ensures that you
have the resources necessary to be successful.Your Responsibilities
as a Locator:
- Correctly, safely, and efficiently locate underground
utilities, including telecommunications, electric power, cable TV,
gas, water, and sewer systems.
- Thoroughly search for underground utilities in a designated
area, accurately marking the location, completing the necessary
documentation, and photographing each locate. Work outdoors in the
fresh air, using a company-provided laptop to document and close
all tickets. We have a 48-hour turnaround time on most locates,
which means we generally work the day after holidays and some
weekends, as needed. These are daytime, full-time positions and
overtime will be required. Instructor-led training will be
provided. No prior locating experience is necessary.Why You'll Love
Working for Us (Our Benefits):
- 100% paid training We're invested in you, starting on your
- High-quality company vehicle All work-related expenses are
paid. This means you won't be putting mileage on your personal
vehicle for work.
- Company laptop, phone, and equipment Advanced technology you
can count on.
- Daily pay Access your pay when you need it most. Instantly
transfer your earnings to your bank same day.
- Comprehensive insurance options A variety of excellent
insurance choices including medical, dental, vision, and life.
- 401(k) with company match We will help you save for the long
term with our competitive 401(k) employer match program.
- PTO and paid holidays Even in your first year, so you can spend
time with your loved ones.
- Weekend and holiday on-call pay Earn extra money while on call
over the weekend or on a company holiday, even if not called out to
- Post-dig season bonus Frontline employees are the first to
share in the companys success.
- Career Path Program (CPP) Unmatched in our industry. We
recognize employees who strive to be the best in their roles with
distinctive titles, promotions, and more.
- Outstanding Marks Program Earn points for tenure, safety, and
quality milestones to spend on products of your choice from an
expansive online store.
- Tenure Boots Program Provides a $200 voucher to buy a new pair
of work boots on your first anniversary and every year after.
- Wellness check/help buttons Ensure our technicians get home
safely each day and receive help quickly with difficult tickets.
With team leads to guide and mentor each crew, even as lone
workers, you are never alone.
- Employee Support Desk Dedicated representatives to get you what
you need when you need it.
- Employee discounts & perks Outstanding discounts at major
retailers and service providers.What We Need from You (Our
- Able and willing to work outdoors in various weather
conditions. Previous outdoor experience is a plus.
- Able to work in a confined space; walk, bend, and lift up to 75
- Computer proficiency
- Available to work overtime and weekends (as needed)
- Able to pass a drug screen
- Valid drivers license and a safe driving recordWe are an Equal
Opportunity Employer.When texting, message and data rates may
apply. View our terms and conditions here:
MAINTAINING INFRASTRUCTUREPerforming over 80 million locates
annually, USIC is the most trusted name in underground utility
damage prevention. USIC also provides a full suite of utility
services throughout the United States and Canada. Our mission: to
deliver quality, efficient, safe, and innovative solutions to
protect our partners infrastructure and critical assets.
Keywords: USIC, Layton , Utility Locator, Other , Layton, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!