Heavy Equipment Mobile Service Mechanic
Company: The Home Depot
Posted on: January 26, 2023
MUST RESIDE WITHIN A 30-MILE RADIUS OF LAYTON, UTAH
TUESDAY - SATURDAY, 8:00AM - 4:30PM
The Home Depot Rental is your single source for large equipment,
general tools, trucks and trailers all in one location. With more
than 1,200 convenient locations and a young fleet of pro-quality
tools and equipment, The Home Depot Rental can help you get the job
done. Plus, not only do we offer transportation solutions with our
truck and van rentals, but we also provide onsite delivery service
for large equipment rentals.
The Mobile Service Technician (MST) is responsible for maintenance
and repairs on light construction equipment (skid steers, chippers,
trenchers, mini-excavators, etc.) at The Home Depot stores or
customer job sites in the vicinity. The MST makes routine visits to
each store to inspect all equipment, document the status of each
unit, perform all required preventive maintenance, and complete
work orders for maintenance and repairs. This position reports
directly to the next-level manager for their region.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
10% Communication - Trains Home Depot store associates and
customers in the proper operation of the equipment and large
equipment operating procedures. Adhere to all safety requirements
particular to equipment including Federal Motor Carrier Safety
40% Compliance: Safety & Department of Transportation - Maintain
Mobile Elevated Work Platform (MEWP) certifications. Maintains
accurate parts inventory in vehicle or shop location. Maintains
accurate fleet inventory and transfers equipment between locations.
Maintains vehicle compliance to company, federal and drivers
standards of performance Deploys new equipment to store locations,
including performing PDIs, delivering to the store, and training
store associates on the operation of the equipment.
50% Maintenance - Responsible for maintaining a fleet of rental
equipment at a set of store locations or customer job sites, with a
particular emphasis on preventive maintenance.
- Receives direction from in their region in planning and aligning
short-term and long-term goals.
- Makes routine store visits to perform inspections and preventive
maintenance on all units at each store
- Inspects equipment for rental readiness, safe operation, and
store appearance standards.
- Perform minor repairs on equipment.
- Respond to service calls and orders parts needed for equipment
maintenance and repairs.
- Utilizes company technology platform to document all work
performed on equipment, including labor and parts.
- Assists with equipment deliveries and pick-ups as required.
- Performs other tasks assigned by the leader.
Nature and Scope:
This Position typically reports to Regional Field Operations
This Position has zerio (0) Direct Reports
Environmental Job Requirements:
Usually in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to
factors causing moderate physical discomfort from such things as
dust, fumes or odors.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
Must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must meet DOT medical
certification requirements. Working conditions include significant
physical demands such as lifting from the waist, lifting from the
shoulder, prolonged standing, bending, kneeling, crawling
underneath equipment, climbing on top of equipment, and reaching
and stretching. The environment will require repetitive hand,
wrist, and arm movements. Occasionally, employees will be required
to work at heights.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the
completion of a high school diploma or GED certification
Years of Relevant Work Experience:
Certifications & Licenses:
Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical
exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping,
climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to negotiate, handle complaints, settle disputes, and
resolve grievances with both internal and external customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 1 or more years of experience servicing construction equipment
(preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, minor mechanical
- Light construction equipment maintenance knowledge and/or skills
including small engines and hydraulics
- Ability to read and understand technical repair and parts manuals
for equipment, including mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, and
- Experience, ability, and desire to provide superior customer
- Valid driver's license
- Familiarity with inventory management
- Working knowledge of handheld technology (smartphone, laptop,
- Ability to work effectively with different personality types and
all levels of associates
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to operate in extreme outdoor working conditions
- Ability to adapt to unforeseen circumstances, including weather,
traffic, and others
- Strong work ethic
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Action Oriented
- Being Resilient
- Values Differences
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Manages Conflict
Pay Rate: -
Keywords: The Home Depot, Layton , Heavy Equipment Mobile Service Mechanic, Other , Layton, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!