Sweeper Operator - Davis/Weber, UT
Company: Geneva Rock
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Job Title: Sweeper Operator
Division: Equipment and Facilities
Location: Davis/Weber Area
Position Closes: 6/12/22
Do you crave an environment where you're appreciated and rewarded
for your hard work?
Tired of your hard-earned wages being deducted to pay for health
insurance for you and your family?
If this sounds like you, look at a career with Geneva Rock
Here are three reasons you should be applying to Geneva Rock.
* Great wages
* Possible opportunities for overtime in the busy season.
* Incredible benefits
* Health Insurance paid hourly. NO deductions from paycheck for
* Generous Pension (Retirement) contribution.
* Vacation, Holiday and Bereavement Pay.
* Seniority- Loyalty is valued at GRP.
* Fantastic management
* GRP has a legacy of treating employees well since our founding in
* Family Owned and Locally Operated; our owners are proud
* Responsible for cleaning the pavement in yards, and on various
construction jobs to ensure proper quality and housekeeping.
* Complete small repairs and maintenance on the sweeper.
* Performs welding, cutting, fabrication, and forklift operation as
* Respond to load spills as needed
* Will be a relief operator for the fuel truck as needed.
* Maintain and submit sweeping logs to necessary divisions and
* Maintain tools as required to do the job.
* Maintain HAZMAT and Tanker endorsements and federal
* Experience in maintenance and repairs.
* Must have or obtain a class A or class B CDL with HAZMAT and
Tanker endorsements with insurable, clean driving record.
* Must have current medical card.
* Must be able to move at least 50 pounds.
* Must be willing to work shift work, including nights and
* Must have or be able to get MSHA trained within 30 days
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
* Sitting: 40% of time
* Standing: 10% of time
* Driving: 40% of time
* Climbing: 10% of the time
* Weight Lifted: Must frequently be able to lift and carry up to 65
pounds. May occasionally lift items above their head.
* Physical Movement: May frequently be required to walk over uneven
ground, balance, stoop/crouch, kneel, grab and hold objects.
Required to climb a ladder on the truck several times a day.
* Speaking / Listening: Needs to be able to communicate well with
customers, dispatch, supervision, receive and follow instructions,
and understand safety requirements.
* Working Conditions: 40% of time will be spent working outside in
the elements. Must be able to work long and irregular hours (early
and late) during the busy season.
* Safety: Requires the use of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment),
Safety Harnesses, Lockout/Tagout and guarding for hand tools.
Apply on-line at genevarock.com/careers/ and include a RESUME with
The successful candidate must be safety conscious with a record of
working safely in the workplace.
* Current employees are required to speak with their immediate
manager before applying for any open positions.
Geneva Rock Products, Inc. is an "Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action/PWDNET" Employer
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities
that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities
and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or
Keywords: Geneva Rock, Layton , Sweeper Operator - Davis/Weber, UT, Other , Layton, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!