Nuclear Hardness Engineer
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Guidehouse is a leading management consulting firm serving the
public and commercial markets. We guide our clients forward towards
new futures that build trust in society and your professional
skills along the journey. Join us at Guidehouse.
This position is for the AFNWC ICBM Directorate ISC 2.0
- Assists the Principal Nuclear Hardness Engineer
- Performs hardness assessments at the system and
- Evaluates proposals and/or recommended changes to the weapon
system for hardness.
- Evaluates the adequacy of test planning, surveillance testing,
hardness evaluation (including the effects of configuration
changes), and FDE at the system and subsystem-levels.
- Performs studies and validates subsystem inspections and tests
to provide assurance that survivability values for configured
modification/substitution items (including developmental test and
evaluation of responses to nuclear and conventional environments)
are sufficient to prevent degradation of hardness.
- Reviews actions recommended by subsystem contractors as
required to prevent degradation to hardness.
- Provides recommendations to maintain nuclear hardness, Key
Performance Parameters for subsystem modifications, and weapon
- Supports EMI/EMC activities as needed and/or dictated by the
Principal Nuclear Hardness Engineer.
Minimum SECRET security clearance.
There is a position: Principal level with educational and
experience requirements as follows:
**This position is intended for individuals with prior
education/experience in the fields of electrical, mechanical,
computer, software or nuclear engineering as well as advanced
- BS degree in STEM-related field + 15 years of experience OR MS
degree + 12 years of experience OR PHD + 9 years of experience
- ICBM experience desired
- TS clearance desired
- Acquisition knowledge/background preferred
- The successful candidate must not be subject to employment
restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that
would prevent the candidate from performing the job
responsibilities as described.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, national origin,
ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran
status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical
condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other
basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of
Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment
opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an
accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1- or via
email at . All information you provide will be kept confidential
and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from
search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be
considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be
obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that
includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package
that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program
- Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive
Keywords: Guidehouse, Layton , Nuclear Hardness Engineer, Other , Layton, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!