Company: Sterling Construction
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Pipe Layer is responsible for installing underground pipes,
which vary in size from 6"-108" for heavy civil / highway projects.
Installation of the pipe includes positioning, joining, and
aligning the pipes at proper depths, angles, and grades. The Pipe
Layer is essential in communicating with other team members
regarding the excavating activities associated with installing the
pipe to ensure work is performed safety and efficiently.
- Cut pipes to required lengths. Uses demo saw and other power
tools. May also run power compaction tools.
- Installs and repairs wet and dry utility pipe including
sanitary and storm water sewer structures and pipe systems.
- Helps move pipe into trenches, lays pipe in trench, helps
- Connects pipe pieces and seal joints, using appropriate tools
and materials to secure pipe.
- Assembles pipe to pass all requires pressure tests.
- Works with and monitors fellow workers to insure safety and
- Performs pre task planning tasks.
- Experience operating equipment within a Pipe Crew environment
such as an excavator or loader is preferred but not necessary.
- Experience operating equipment safely and productively in and
around active highway traffic under Maintenance of Traffic
conditions and live traffic on a highway construction project is
- General housekeeping, light maintenance of equipment, proper
care of equipment, operating the equipment without damaging it
along with maintenance checks of equipment including reporting
usage/utilization hours on a daily basis.
- Coordinate machine actions with other activities, positioning
loads in response to hand or audio signals from other crew
At least 2 years' of experience laying pipe in Highway
Construction is required.
- Strength and Endurance: Pipe Layer positions are physically
demanding, and a high level of physical fitness is required.
Communication: Excellent interpersonal communication and teamwork
skills are necessary as proper completion of an assigned job and
working safe will be highly dependent upon this ability.
Flexibility: Ability to work in a number of diverse locations is
pertinent, as work locations may change daily. Coordination:
Balance, depth perception and eye-hand coordination are critical.
Expected Hours: Hours will vary by job, location and season.
Working a night shift may be required. Work Ethic: Dedicated and
Keywords: Sterling Construction, Layton , Pipe Layer, Other , Layton, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!