#1012 - Human Resources Generalist
Company: Janicki Inustries, Inc.
Posted on: June 5, 2021
The HR Generalist will work in all areas of HR operations,
including recruiting, benefits, employee relations, training,
policy development and HRIS maintenance. This role will interact
with all areas of the company and requires strong interpersonal
skills. The HR Generalist will identify improvement initiatives and
carry them out to completion.
The following essential job functions are performed as a Human
- Understands the business and is closely aligned with the
- Strives for greater efficiency of human resources services
through the recommendation of new approaches to established
policies, procedures, and programs.
- Supports all areas of the employment lifecycle, from recruiting
- Conducts New Hire Orientation to communicate company policies,
laws, and company regulations.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee
requests and questions.
- Supports the company's training programs.
- Updates employee information and helps with maintaining current
employee data in the HRIS.
- Helps with documentation of disciplinary actions, transfers and
promotions, and terminations.
- Responds to employee relation issues such as employee
complaints and harassment allegations.
- Works closely with the safety team to provide assistance to
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Must be capable of maintaining high level of
- Must be at work on time and maintain good attendance. This is a
condition of employment and is an essential function of the
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Due to our ITAR and EAR regulations, applicants must be a US
Citizen or of Legal Permanent Resident Status as defined by 8
U.S.C. 1324b (a) (3).
- Bachelor's degree required. Minimum requirement for all
positions is a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have one (1) year experience working in Human Resources.
PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
- Spanish speaking preferred
- Must have strong customer service skills and the ability to
- Must possess the ability to adapt to sudden changes in schedule
and consistent interruptions.
- Must have good leadership skills including the ability to
inspire and motivate others.
- Position requires considerable knowledge of principles and
practices of personnel administration, effective oral and written
communication skills in the English language as well as
interpersonal skills, professional appearance and work ethic.
- Be able to work under pressure and in stressful
- Time management, organization and prioritization of projects or
assignments is required.
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a group.
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through
complex difficult, and emotional issues using judgment that is
consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures,
regulation, or government law.
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT USED
Regular office equipment and materials.
Working conditions normal for an office environment. Must be
able to sit for extended periods of time.
Janicki Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Janicki
Industries does not does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, marital
or familial status, physical or mental disability, genetic
information, age, retaliation, veteran/military service status, or
any other legally protected status.
Applicants or employees wishing to view a copy of Janicki
Industries' Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals
with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation
to the application/interview process should notify the Human
Resources Department at (360) 404-1997.
Keywords: Janicki Inustries, Inc., Layton , #1012 - Human Resources Generalist, Other , Layton, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!