Human Resources Business Partner - UTAH
Posted on: May 7, 2020
Balchem Corporation (Nasdaq:BCPC) is a publicly traded global
specialty ingredients company with $600 million plus in revenue and
north of $3.15 billion market cap, having witnessed steady growth
over the past five years. The Company was founded in 1967 and is
based in New Hampton, NY (Hudson Valley area). Balchem develops,
manufactures, and markets specialty performance ingredients and
products for the food, nutritional, feed, pharmaceutical, and
medical sterilization industries in the United States and
internationally. The Company consists of four business segments:
Human Nutrition & Health; Animal Nutrition & Health; Specialty
Products; and Industrial Products and employs over 1,000 people
worldwide who are engaged in many diverse activities, developing
the company into chosen market leadership positions. To learn more
about our dynamic, stable and growing company, visit
We are immediately seeking an experienced HR professional in UT who
can handle multi-site responsibility (Ogden, Layton, Salt Lake
Coordinates the needs and objectives of the business
segment(s)/sites with those of its employees by assisting the
Corporate HR Director in planning, recommending, implementing and
administering personnel policies, practices, and programs that will
attract and maintain skilled and motivated staff to meet corporate
goals, objectives and business interests. Provides counsel,
services, and other assistance to departments and management to
assist them in the effective execution of their personnel and
employee relations responsibilities.
- Partners with site leadership to administer personnel policies,
practices and programs, and advises and assists them in their
interpretation and application.
- Assists senior management and department heads in
organizational and departmental development by advising or by
assisting with job structuring, job descriptions, reporting
procedures and communications.
- Recruits, interviews, screens and refers applicants for
position; conducts orientation programs for new employees; analyzes
turnover and recommends suggestions for improved retention as
- Assists site leadership in human resources utilization by
participation in determining and projecting staffing requirements,
sources of qualified personnel, training and development
- Acts as a consultant regarding training and development
programs; arranges or conducts programs.
- Acts as liaison between employees and management; conducts
investigations and recommends corrective action; assists management
in the utilization of constructive communication, including
administering disciplinary actions.
- Develops, proposes and administers approved wage and salary
programs including job analysis; job descriptions; job evaluation
and periodic surveys to assure a competitive and equitable
compensation program. Recommends changes as needed to
- Assists Corporate HR with the annual performance review process
to ensure reviews are completed timely and accurately. Discusses
performance with leadership team as a means of identifying future
growth potential and supporting the corporate succession planning
- Assists Corporate HR in the execution of corporate employee
relations policies and programs designed to keep the corporation
union free by analyzing the effects of practices/policies programs;
recommends changes to meet goals and objectives.
- Responsible for assuring that the business segment is in
compliance with laws relative to wages and hours, employee
relations, employee benefits, employment opportunities and other
related employment laws; acts as consultant within the corporation
in interpreting the administration of the laws; seeks assistance
from Corporate HR Director and legal counsel as
- Maintains a system of employee personnel record keeping,
retention, and access by authorized personnel.
- Responsible for administering the corporate drug program which
includes pre-employment screening, monthly/bi-monthly random tests
and post-accident screening, when applicable.
- Follows and enforces all safety policies and procedures
including use of safety equipment (PPE) and equipment safeguards.
Works to advance and promote the safety culture of the
- Performs other related duties.
- BS degree in Human Resources or its equivalent and at least
three years of human resources experience in a manufacturing
- Certification is preferred.
- Requires strong verbal and written communication skills, as
well as effective presentation skills to be able to communicate
effectively and professionally with all level of
- Must be comfortable working in a manufacturing plant setting
and walking the production floor, interacting with all levels of
- Ability to think strategically and influence others.
Keywords: balchem, Layton , Human Resources Business Partner - UTAH, Human Resources , Layton, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!