Company: David's Bridal Inc
Posted on: September 23, 2022
What if you discovered a company that dominates the products in
their category - 1 out of 3 being sold by them? Is the undisputed
market leader in their industry, by a wide margin, organically
capturing 90% of their customers, and taking care of them with one
of the highest customer service scores in retail? AND what if they
are operating in a formidable stable industry that is never, ever
At David's Bridal, we empower our customers and our employees to
stay true to their dreams and find the one, whether that means the
wedding dress that matches her personal style-or the career that's
a perfect fit. We're looking for leaders with diverse backgrounds
and fresh ideas to help create a uniquely personal retail
Now Accepting Applications!
The Alterations Manager leads all activities for the alterations
room and reports to the Store Manager. The Alterations Manager
assists the Store Manager in recruiting and interviewing
Alterations Specialists, all levels and Alterations CSRs. S/he
trains, coaches and motivates Alterations associates to provide
superior customer service, make sales plan and achieve Hall of Fame
status. S/he is a key holder and may periodically be responsible
for opening the store and performing related responsibilities. S/he
is a key member of the store management team and is a role model
for store team members in demonstrating the values and qualities
that characterize the David's Bridal brand.
Essential Job Functions:
- Leads and models a customer first culture across all
- Holds the team accountable through assigning shifts,
activities, reviewing results and providing feedback to maintain a
five-star customer experience.
- Monitors individual team members performance and develops
action plans for improvement through weekly performance discussions
using, observations, customer review, mystery shops through
coaching and development.
- Provides ongoing coaching and training to enhance individual
selling skills, behaviors and processes.
- Coaches the team on how to achieve all set goals
- Drives customer loyalty by making clientele calls to maximize
appointments, builds and provides customer service.
- Resolves all customer issues and partners with Store Manager,
Regional Director or Contact Center, as needed.
- Responds promptly to all customer questions providing product
and service information.
- Builds relationships to meet or exceed customer satisfaction
- Speaks to every customer before they leave to validate their
experience, resolving any issues.
- Creates a climate in which team members want to do their
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of
internal and external customers.
- Maintains store-standards to support a flawless shopping
- Maintains a high level for the dress code standards.
- Executes sales plans consistently in partnership with the Store
Manager through key metrics.
- Floor Manager during peak sales times to offer fit and
- Communicating daily sales goals to all Alterations team
- Assists Store Manager in recruiting, interviewing and hiring
- Trains Alterations Specialists in fitting and sewing
techniques, building talent internally.
- Ensures ongoing product education for all Alterations team
- Supports an environment focused on training, retention, reward
- Assists the Store Manager in educating stylists regarding
gown/dress silhouette, garment fit, steaming, pressing and spot
- Monitors inventory management, special orders, mark out of
stock, repairs, and ensuring first quality standards for all
- Executes, monitors and assesses the five stages of training for
all team members to ensure each team member has competed role
specific training they need to be successful
- Ensures performance management strategy is implemented and
consistent at all levels
- Handles all employee relations issues and partners with Store
Manager, as necessary, to determine action plans and performance
management strategy to improve individual performance and the team
as a whole. Deals with performance issues directly and timely.
Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities. Is a focused
listener who finds common ground.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
required to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time;
reach for tools and objects with hands and arms; climb stairs;
stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; ability to bend, twist, stand and
move throughout the store; and talk to and hear customers. Manual
dexterity to perform non-selling responsibilities, such as use of
POS (Point of Sale) terminals, counting money, accessing computers
and initiating and receiving telephone calls. Manual dexterity to
sew and perform fittings to David's Bridal standards, as needed.
Ability to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The employee must be
able to see up close and at a distance, as well as use peripheral
vision and depth perception, and be able to look at, read, and use
a computer and all other electronic devices for long periods of
Education & Credentials:
- One-year prior management experience.
- Prior sewing experience required, preferably in a bridal and/or
special occasion production environment.
- Prior experience with computerized POS system and ability to
Now that we've popped the question, please say "I do".
Full Time Opportunity - A comprehensive benefits package is
- Rewarding Environment and Competitive Pay
- Generous Employee Discount After First Pay Period
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401K Program
- Paid Vacation Paid Sick Days & Paid Holidays
- Pet Benefits
Love wins when love is for Everyone!
Our mission at David's Bridal is to embrace the ideas of Diversity,
Equity, and Inclusion. It is our goal to build a workforce that is
representative as the customers we serve. We vow to create a
culture where all forms of diversity are celebrated and seen as
Disclaimer The preceding job description has been designed to
highlight the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain
or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties,
responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Actual duties and responsibilities will vary.
Keywords: David's Bridal Inc, Layton , Head Tailor/Seamstress, Hospitality & Tourism , Layton, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!