Company: David's Bridal Inc
Posted on: September 20, 2022
What if you discovered a company that dominates the products in
their category - 1 out of 3 being sold by them? Is the undisputed
market leader in their industry, by a wide margin, organically
capturing 90% of their customers, and taking care of them with one
of the highest customer service scores in retail? AND what if they
are operating in a formidable stable industry that is never, ever
going away? At David's Bridal, we empower our customers and our
employees to stay true to their dreams and find the one, whether
that means the wedding dress that matches her personal style-or the
career that's a perfect fit.
We are looking to grow our Alterations business to be 25% of our
top line sales in the next 2-4 years, and we are looking for
talented seamstresses with multiple skill sets to champion this
growth! Our most successful Alterations Specialist are
self-motivated individuals with excellent technical sewing and
fitting skills. They love special occasion fashion and have
expertise on how to tailor a garment to ensure the best fit
possible. Through the Alterations Specialist skills, vision, and
informed recommendations, they will give our customers the
confidence they need to choose the "one", her dress, or assist in
tailoring a garment under our new Alterations for All program.
Now Accepting Applications for Alterations Specialist
Alterations Specialists are responsible for completing all fittings
and alterations to the high standards of David's Bridal and reports
to the Store Manager. S/he is responsible for exemplifying
friendly, knowledgeable, and technical expertise and providing
superior customer service. Alterations Specialists are members of
the store team and demonstrate the value and qualities of the
David's Bridal brand.
Essential Job Functions:
- Welcome all customers with genuine, and friendly enthusiasm
over the phone, virtual chats and in person, communicates clearly
and concisely adapting style to suit customers by problem solving,
excellent phone skills and resolving conflict.
- Use all systems to manage the customer flow to deliver
five-star customer experience.
- Maintain all service levels by being Prepared, Welcoming, Meet
the Needs & Be There for all our customers, this includes all
operational checklist task and meeting customers emotional and
- Responsible for providing an exceptional service experience to
multiple customers at one time. Plus contribute to the store
achievement of Five-Star Customer Service.
- Proactively address customer concerns with confidence. Know
when to escalate and partner with leadership team.
- Communicate how alterations can play an important role in
perfecting the dress for her event in partnership with Alterations.
Promote all alteration services and personalization options.
- Assists stylists in closing sales by consulting with customers
regarding gown fit and customization.
- Maintain store-standards to support a flawless shopping
- Maintain a high standard of dress that complies with the Dress
- Greets and escorts all alterations customers to and from
- Maintains quality control guidelines and inspects all garments
altered/steamed/pressed to verify pristine condition before final
delivery to customer.
- Responds promptly to all customer questions by providing
product and service information.
- Builds long-term relationships with customers to meet and
exceed customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Maintains inventory management by processing special orders
pick-ups and ensuring first quality standards for all
- Ensure that alteration pricing is at company standards.
- Manage all alterations, fittings and sewing, steaming, pressing
and spot cleaning of garments to company standards.
- Resolve customer service issues in a swift and effective manner
that complies with company guidelines.
- Supports all cash wrap behaviors and processes transactions
with accuracy to make every customer feel celebrated.
- Maintain the alterations room so that it is consistently clean
- Performs duties and tasks as assigned by store management.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally required to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods
of time; reach for tools and objects with hands and arms; climb
stairs; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; ability to bend, twist and
stand; move throughout the store; and talk to and hear customers.
Manual dexterity to perform non-selling responsibilities, such as
use of POS (Point of Sale) terminals, counting money, steaming
garments, accessing computers and receiving or initiating telephone
calls. Manual dexterity to sew and perform fittings to David's
Bridal standards, as needed. Ability to lift/and or move up to 10
pounds. The employee must be able to see up close and at a
distance, as well as use peripheral vision and depth perception,
and be able to look at, read, and use a computer, electronic
devices and phones for long periods of time.
Education & Credentials:
- High school diploma or equivalent degree
- 1-2 years prior retail experience in an apparel or specialty
- Prior sewing experience required, preferably in bridal and/or
special occasion production environment.
- Prior experience with computerized POS (Point of Sale) system
is a plus.
If you would like to be part of a dynamic team, help our customers
dress for the most important days of their lives, and earn a
competitive income, we would love to discuss your future at David's
Now that we've popped the question, please say "I do".
Part Time Benefits Include
- Professional Environment
- Quality Sewing Equipment
- Generous Employee Discount After First Pay Period
- Vision Care
- Supplemental Insurances - Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity
and Accidental Injury
- 401K Program
- Pet Insurance
- Discounts for Identity Theft Protection
- Discounts Home and Auto Insurance
- Discounts Mobile
- Legal Benefits (MetLife Hyatt Legal Plans)
Competitive Hourly Rate + Bonus Opportunity
Love wins when love is for Everyone!
Our mission at David's Bridal is to embrace the ideas of Diversity,
Equity, and Inclusion. It is our goal to build a workforce that is
representative as the customers we serve. We vow to create a
culture where all forms of diversity are celebrated and seen as
The preceding job description has been designed to highlight the
general nature and level of work performed by employees within this
classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as
a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities and
qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Actual
duties and responsibilities will vary.
Keywords: David's Bridal Inc, Layton , Seamstress, Hospitality & Tourism , Layton, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!