Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant - Senior Wellness Visits - Layton, UT
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Family Practice/Primary Care opening in Layton, Utah. This and
other physician assistant jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com
Join a team that is discovering new ways to help the health system
work better for everyone. OptumCare is the fastest growing part of
the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses and we're putting
providers at the center of care and supporting them with the tools
they need to focus on quality patient outcomes. As part of our
continued growth, we are searching for a Full-time Nurse
Practitioner or Physician Assistant (APC) to join our Utah
- Complete Annual Wellness Exams for our Medicare Advantage
Senior Patient Population at our Senior Community Center
- Formulate a list of current and past medical conditions using
clinical knowledge and judgement, and the findings of your
- Communicate findings in your assessment that will be used to
inform the PCP of potential gaps in care.
- You will see on average 8 senior patients a day
- Provide educational 1:1 talks with patients on topics such as
disease process, medication and compliance, and more.
This position involves care at the Community Center, Mobile Unit,
and Skilled Nursing Facilities within a specific geographical area.
You must be comfortable working autonomously.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package:
- Competitive Salary with bonus potential
- Med/Den/Vis, STD, LTD, 401k with match
- Professional Liability and Tail Coverage
- UHG Stock Purchase Option
- PTO Accrual
- CME Reimbursement and days
- And more….
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an
environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on
what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide
development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Utah Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant license and
national certification (Family Medicine, Adult Medicine, or
- Active DEA license with prescriptive authority, or ability to
- Proficient in assessment and patient education
- Utah Driver's License and Auto Insurance in accordance with the
state of Utah (or will be licensed and insured by employed
- Ability to work autonomously
- 2+ years of clinical experience working as a Nurse Practitioner
or Physician Assistant.
- Experience in Gerontology, or Cardiology, or Internal Medicine,
- Knowledge and or experience working with the Medicare Advantage
Population performing patient assessments/annual wellness
- Knowledge of value-based model medicine including HCCs and
Medicare HEDIS/Stars measures
At Optum Care, we've found that putting clinicians at the center of
care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led
organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care
organizations in the world, serving over 14 million people through
more than 38,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice
clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics,
surgery centers hospitals, and urgent care centers, within care
models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and
driving change through collaboration and innovation.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire
organization around one giant objective; make health care work
better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's
large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health
and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our
first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to
serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses,
brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas
on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest
potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams
against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible
ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do
your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum is an Equal
Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status,
disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other
characteristic protected by law. Optum is a drug-free workplace. ©
2020 Optum. All rights reserved.
Job Keywords: Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, NP, PA,
Primary Care, Internal Medicine, Layton, Utah, UT
Keywords: Optum, Layton , Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant - Senior Wellness Visits - Layton, UT, Healthcare , Layton, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!