Assistant Property Manager - Rose Lane
Company: Avenue5 Residential, LLC
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Job DescriptionAvenue5 is growing, and we are in search of an
assistant property manager to join our dynamic team of Fivers!About
UsWe are a vibrant third-party multifamily property management firm
with locations across the United States. We are proud of our
vibrant, inclusive, make-it-happen culture, where we:
- Listen to our associates, recognize them, and give them room to
- Invest in our associates to help them become the best version
- Approach every important decision with our associates in
- Celebrate our associates' successes and encourage them to raise
the bar even higherAbout the Assistant Property Manager RoleWe're
looking for a talented assistant property manager who will be
responsible for assisting the property manager in the overall
operations of the property. This includes ensuring efficient
operations, overseeing supplier contracts and maintenance, lease
administration, monthly reporting, and ensuring a positive
experience for the residents, associates, and property owners.
Assistant Property Manager Responsibilities and Objectives
- Assist the property manager in managing the day-to-day
operations of the property including resident satisfaction,
retention, and full resident lifecycle activities.
- Understand the operations guidelines established within the
property management agreement.
- Maintain all accounts receivable including collecting rent,
posting rent, making daily bank deposits, and maintaining a
balanced, accurate rent roll.
- Accurately and timely complete daily, weekly, and monthly
financial and leasing reports.
- Audit records and files to identify dates requiring
administrative action, such as lease expiration dates, delinquent
accounts, and unlawful detainers.
- Collect delinquent account balances from previous
- Process evictions, which includes processing all necessary
paperwork, serving notices, and attending court hearings.
- Lease apartments as needed.
- Responsible for shopping competitive properties.
- Inspect buildings and grounds to ensure safety and cleanliness,
and alerts maintenance to items that need to be repaired.
- Processes move-ins, move-outs, and lease renewals.
- Audit all new and current lease agreements and resident files
- Assist the property manager with training staff on leasing,
entering traffic into the computer, marketing, maintenance, and
general office operations.
- Compose and prepare routine correspondence, rental notices, and
other letters and memorandums.
- Assist the property manager with resident relations and problem
- Assume responsibility for the operations of the property in the
absence of the property manager.
- Complies with all company policies, applicable health and
safety rules and regulations, as well as applicable local, state,
and federal laws.
- May perform other duties as assigned.Education and Experience
- High school diploma is required. Bachelor's degree is
- Two to three years of experience in property management is
- Knowledge of resident rental lifecycle activities is
- Real estate license is preferred and may be required in some
- Prior experience in Yardi Voyager or another equivalent system
is preferred.Skills and Requirements
- Basic level knowledge with Microsoft Office Suite including
Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively and sensitively
communicate with all levels of management.
- Sensitivity to confidential matters is required.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize effectively in a
fast-paced environment with a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to relay technical concerns with adequate detail,
quickly and accurately.
- Capability to read, write, comprehend, and converse in
- Ability to use general office equipment, such as telephone, fax
machine, printer, copier, and key track system.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with the
ability to relate to others.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to cope with and defuse situations involving angry or
- Must maintain a valid driver's license, clean driving record
and current auto insurance is required.
- Must comply with all safety requirements.
- Required to complete and successfully pass the Avenue5 Fair
Housing, Diversity and Inclusion Training within the first 30 days
- Required to maintain a regular schedule which may require
working overtime, weekends, and non-traditional holidays.
- May be required to be on-call and aid during staffing
- Ability to travel (10-15%).Environment
- Exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions
(temperatures may vary depending on the weather in the different
- Exposure to noise, vibrations, atmospheric conditions, as well
as working in confined or restricted spaces.
- Potential exposure to communicable diseases through frequent
contact with public.
- Possible exposure to short-tempered or aggressive people.
- Potential exposure to chemicals, electrical shock, heights,
mechanical parts or machines, and fire.Physical RequirementsAvenue5
will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. These functions
include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to walk around the property several times daily (up 10
miles a day).
- Ability to walk on uneven surfaces.
- Ability to climb several flights of stairs several times
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of
- Must be able to sit, stand, reach, bend, and stoop for extended
periods of time.
- Ability to use standard maintenance equipment.
- Talking and expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the
spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or
important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly,
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with
or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information
through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in
- Visual requirements including color, depth perception, and
- Ability to compare, copy, coordinate, synthesize, negotiate,
communicate, and instruct.
- Ability to tolerate stressful situations.
- Ability to work under minimal to moderate supervision.This job
description is not an all-inclusive list of functions and tasks.
Over the length of employment these functions and tasks may
change.DiversityDiversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Avenue5
is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and
all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Avenue5 Residential, LLC, Layton , Assistant Property Manager - Rose Lane, Executive , Layton, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!