Mechanic/Intern- Davis & Weber County
Company: Geneva Rock
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionPOSITION: Mechanic/Intern LOCATION: Davis & Weber
CountyPOSTING CLOSES: 5/28/2022Do you crave an environment where
you're appreciated and rewarded for your hard work?Tired of your
hard-earned wages being deducted to pay for health insurance for
you and your family?If this sounds like you, look at a career with
Geneva Rock Products.Here are three reasons you should be applying
to Geneva Rock.
- Great wages
- Opportunities for overtime in the busy season.
- Incredible benefits
- Health Insurance paid hourly. NO deductions from paycheck for
- Generous Pension (Retirement) contribution.
- Vacation, Holiday and Bereavement Pay.
- Seniority- Loyalty is valued at GRP.
- Fantastic management
- GRP has a legacy of treating employees well since our founding
- Family Owned and Locally Operated; our owners are proud
UtahnsPOSITION SUMMARY: Responsible to properly lubricate, service,
and maintain oil and antifreeze levels for equipment and machinery
in an efficient and safe manner.DUTIES:
- Responsible to perform oil and preventative maintenance, parts
inventory, and ordering duties.
- Assist in the maintenance shops as needed.
- Responsible for record keeping.
- Must maintain a department of transportation (DOT) medical card
and an insurable driving record.
- Maintain tools as required to perform the job
- High school diploma or GED.
- Enrollment in a Diesel Technician Program preferred (Applied
Technology College, SLCC, UVU, etc.).
- Must have vocational training in preventative maintenance,
brake systems, and basic wiring.
- Must be able to work varying shifts and long hours.
- Must be able to move at least 50 pounds.
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a current CDL Class A or B
- Sitting: 10% of time.
- Standing: 60% - 70% of the time.
- Climbing: 20%-30% of the time. This includes shop ladders,
equipment access ladders, and climbing under equipment for
- Driving: 20%-30% of the time for road calls, and pulling
equipment in and out of the shop.
- Weight Lifted: Must frequently be able to lift and carry up to
50-70 pounds. Heavy items may be required to be lift above one's
head and maneuvered while sitting, kneeling and laying down. For
safety, assistance will be provided for heavy objects.
- Physical Movement: May frequently be required to walk and work
over uneven ground, balance, stoop/crouch, kneel, grab, drag, climb
and hold objects.
- Working Conditions: 70% of time will be spent working in the
shop, and 30% will be field/ road call work.*Physical Demands
/Safety are dependent on location of position. Above information is
a general explanation and subject to change.This description is not
intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills,
efforts, or work conditions associated with this job. It is
intended to be an accurate reflection of the principle job elements
essential for making employment decisions. Duties associated with
this job and the corresponding job specification may be changed at
any time to accommodate Company business needs.Apply on-line at
genevarock.com/careers/ today!*Current employees are required to
speak with their immediate managers before applying for any open
positions.*Referral Program: Current employees who refer qualified
candidates prior to candidate interviews, will be eligible to
receive referral bonuses should their candidate be hired. A $250
bonus will be awarded at the end of each 90-day period up to one
year for referred new hires in good standing (for a possible total
of $1,000).Geneva Rock Products, Inc. is an "Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action/PWDNET" Employer
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Geneva Rock, Layton , Mechanic/Intern- Davis & Weber County, Engineering , Layton, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!