Sr. Test Automation Engineer
Company: Westest Engineering
Posted on: January 12, 2022
WesTest is a world class supplier of test engineering solutions,
automatic test stations and software test programs. WesTest is
currently seeking a highly motivated Principal Software Engineer
with test equipment experience to join our engineering team. The
Principal Software Engineer will be responsible for the design and
integration of various test systems. Knowledge of automatic test
techniques and the ability to trouble shoot and recommend problem
resolutions is required. Circuit analysis and familiarization in
digital and analog simulation is a plus. Software skills are
required for the automatic test systems for tester control,
firmware, drivers and communication and test programs. Languages
are C++, ATLAS, LabView/Lab Windows.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Perform hardware and software design and integration of various
- Provide technical direction and recommend problem
- Perform engineering analysis and review to produce quotes for
customer requests (RFQs)
- Attend weekly engineering meetings to review status of current
jobs and provide technical assistance for current projects as
- Since WesTest provides test solutions to customers worldwide
this position may require temporary duty outside of the US.
- Participate in research and development initiatives to identify
opportunities for business growth.
- Drive customer meetings to address current and emerging test
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
This position requires access to our export-controlled commodities,
technical data, technology and services. These items are restricted
under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) to U.S.
Citizens, Lawful Permanent Residents of the U.S. and properly
licensed foreign persons. Therefore, employment is contingent on
compliance with ITAR regulations and successfully obtaining and
maintaining the necessary export authorization license from the
U.S. Department of Commerces Bureau of Industry and Security, U.S.
Department of States Office of Defense Trade Controls, or other
applicable government agency.
Education And Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering is required,
Master's degree is a plus.
- Fifteen years of related experience is required.
- Software skills related to automatic test systems for tester
control, firmware, drivers, communication, and test programs.
- Skills and knowledge of automatic test techniques.
- Familiarization in digital and analog simulation.
- Trouble shooting and Circuit Analysis.
- Languages are C++, ATLAS, LabView/Lab Windows.
The physical demands described here are representative of those to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee needs to
be able to sit, stand and move about the inside of the
- Operates a computer and other office productivity machinery,
such as; calculator, copy machine, printers, etc.
- Lifting and handling of boxes and/or materials up to a maximum
of 25 pounds, and 15 pounds occasionally.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job; close vision,
distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the
ability to adjust focus
- As a condition of employment full vaccination for COVID-19 is
required. Full vaccination is two weeks following a second dose in
a two dose series (Moderna/Pfizer) or two weeks following a single
dose series (Johnson & Johnson).
WesTest is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
WesTest will consider reasonable accommodations to its policies for
employees and applicants due to sincerely held religious
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Westest Engineering, Layton , Sr. Test Automation Engineer, Engineering , Layton, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!