Client Sales Specialist - Layton, UT
Company: Keybank National Association
Posted on: June 20, 2022
999 North Hillfield Road - Layton, Utah 84041
The Financial Wellness Consultant (FWC) role (similar to a
Universal Banker) is a Banker who also conducts Teller transactions
to build relationships and uncover opportunities.
Financial Wellness education is a big opportunity in our
communities. In response to that need, Key's branches have become
more advice-centered. We equip our FWCs with a state-of-the-art
digital tool that empowers FWCs to have deeper conversations with
clients. This tool allows us to deliver expert advice to our
clients and gets them thinking about important questions related to
their finances. FWCs are expected to conduct lead outreach and to
process client service transactions to uncover opportunities.
The financial wellness platform does the heavy lifting in these
conversations. You don't have to be a financial expert to be a
successful FWC, you just need to have a strong desire to help
people make better financial choices and be good at starting
conversations, quickly building a rapport, and asking deeper
questions. You really need to love the sales process, be genuinely
curious, and have strong time management skills to balance sales
and client service support in this role. Every day is different,
and the role is best for someone who thrives on variety and
If you have a passion for financial wellness, helping others, and
making a difference in your community, this role could be for
What It's Like to Work with Us:
Our branches are like families, typically small tight-knit groups.
KeyBank employees share a passion for helping our communities
thrive. Joining a Key branch means joining a family with a singular
goal - to help people and local businesses improve their financial
outlook. Our branch employees share many great stories about how
they have empowered clients to make better, more confident
financial decisions.. We do work that matters.
Essential Job Functions:
* Driving financial wellness conversations with clients (both
impromptu and through appointment setting); educating them on our
products and services and achieving sales goals.
* This role is fast-paced. There is little idle time and you will
be interacting with people all day- in wellness conversations,
processing transactions, or greeting clients as they arrive.
* Consistently providing exceptional client experience by helping
to create a welcoming environment in our branches.
* FWCs are a client concierge - providing both transactional and
account opening services to clients.
* One of the most challenging parts of this role is time
management. A successful FWC needs to be a self-starter that
manages their time wisely. You will be supported but you will own
your days and will need to seek out opportunities to contribute to
branch operations while also meeting sales goals.
* To be successful in this role you'll need to pick up the phone
and get out into the field - canvassing, setting appointments,
calling on local businesses and existing book of business.
* Developing strong partnerships with colleagues across various
lines of business.
* Ensuring compliance with operational, security and audit
procedures and policies including appropriate documentation of
What You'll Get from This Opportunity:
* Our total incentive compensation plan is highly competitive
(salary + generous bonuses for high performers).
* Competitive pay and unique benefits - 401(k) matching
(dollar-for-dollar up to 6%), profit sharing, generous PTO, fitness
and tuition reimbursement, and so much more.
* You will build broad knowledge of retail banking and financial
services products and services and will develop relationships
across business lines. Many career paths will be available to you
in this role (e.g., Financial Advisor, Branch Manager, Mortgage
Lender, etc.). We look for people who are willing to make a
commitment to the role for a couple of years and we enable
interested employees to advance their career as they learn and
* Paid job training and access to a library of specialized
professional development and training courses.
* Access to a formal enterprise mentoring program.
* There is a lot of daily variety in this role.
* We give you access to powerful centers of influence that will
help set you up for success, if you build and nurture those
* A formal enterprise mentoring program.
* Other performance-based rewards.
* High School Diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
* 1 year of experience in developing current and new customer
relationships and building referral sources.
* Demonstrated experience with business partner collaboration and
* Sales-oriented mindset, confident with making outbound calls,
being persuasive and overcoming objections.
* Experience in a team-based environment with proven communication,
collaboration, and customer service skills.
* Comfort with the branch operations role (e.g., audits, balancing
the vault, comfort handling large amounts of cash).
* Working knowledge of PCs (MS Windows and Office Products
including Word, Excel, etc.) and digital technology (mobile, apps,
* Ability to work branch hours, which may include Saturday
* Must have access to reliable transportation to facilitate travel
outside of the branches, including outside sales calls.
* Physical Requirements: Frequent mobility (5-8 hours) in an office
setting, ability to communicate face to face and on the phone with
clients, frequent use of hands to manipulate/grasp objects,
occasional bending and lifting from floor height, frequent lifting
of 1 - 10 lbs., occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs.
Employees in this position are required to comply with all rules
and regulations of The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage
Licensing Act of 2008 (The SAFE Act). Employees hired or
transferring into this position will need to meet the qualification
requirements, in Key's sole discretion, under Reg. Z, prior to
acting as a loan originator in a consumer credit transaction
secured by a dwelling. Qualification requirements include but are
not limited to an assessment of overall financial responsibility,
character, and general fitness through review of a criminal
background check, credit report, and information about any
administrative, civil, or criminal findings by any government
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or
other protected category.
Qualified individuals with disabilities or disabled veterans who
are unable or limited in their ability to apply on this site may
request reasonable accommodations by emailing
Keywords: Keybank National Association, Layton , Client Sales Specialist - Layton, UT, Accounting, Auditing , Layton, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!